Saturday, April 14, 2012

CSX Horn noise complaint info for Ashley and Tampa crossings

Skypoint is all grown up.  380 units sold and most either owner occupied or rented out.  Our sister building, Element has 395 units and I understand they are at least at a 75% occupancy Ratio. 


I recognize the importance of this vital rail route through our city, but for the last 60 years looking back from 2007 there were NO residents directly adjacent to the Ashley, Tampa, and Franklin railroad crossings.  Our two towers alone places anywhere between 1200 to 1700 residents as little as a half of a city block away from the ear splitting horn blowing at a frequency inversely proportional to the speed of the train.  If it's moving more than 5 MPH I'll go down and lick the tracks.  I sleep walk faster than the speed of the train.  


I believe this issue is not one CSX won't take seriously or ignores but simply lacks a focused and coordinated effort through complaints by us on a consistent basis.  


If this is something you feel strongly about and seriously want to solve take a moment right now to click the link to follow and leave your complaint:




An alternate means to file your complaint would be to use this number: 

 904-359-3100

Better yet do them both if you have the time for maximum effec!!!!.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Jeff! I left a detailed complaint with suggestions for solving the issue.


    William

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the information! I just filled out a complaint. Has anyone heard back about this issue? I recently moved in and cant believe how much they blast the horn when passing through at 2am! Its really disturbing when you're in a dead sleep! Hopefully they will resolve the issue, or I guess I'll just have to get used to the noise :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live at the Residences at Franklin. I submitted a complaint and then called the number. The rep suggested we contact the Federal Railroad Adminstration and have them designate the area a quiet zone. This would dramatically reduce the number of times the horn is sounded.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Eric. I'm sorry it took me so long to approve your comment. I'm just now getting back to posting again on here.

      You are absolutely correct about the quiet zone, but from what I understand the cost to the City is in the neighborhood of just under 2 million dollars for intersection improvements, etc.

      I would love to talk about organizing a campaign to lobby Mayor Buckhorn and City Council. If as many people that complained got involved we would have the quiet zone in less than a year, but unfortunately until enough people get together and show some real support for this it just won't happen.

      Would you like to meet and talk strategies? I can be reached at myskypoint@gmail.com or 813.699.0755

      Jeff

      Delete

No Personal Attacks other than policy attacks
No Profanity